Blemish Books - Industry Terms of Trade
1. Basic Terms
- For orders of 1 copy: 40% discount to booksellers; no minimum order surcharge; firm sales only.
- For orders of 2 copies: 40% discount to booksellers; firm sale or return.
N.B.: Blemish Books reserves the right to revise discounts and recommended retail prices at any time.
Credit terms are strictly net 30 days from date of invoice. Should the customer default in payment due then all such monies shall immediately become due and payable within 7 days or Blemish Books will be entitled to charge interest at the rate of 2% flat per month until the date of actual payment. Customer agrees to reimburse Blemish Books the costs of recovering such monies. Ownership of the goods shall not pass to the customer until the customer pays Blemish Books in full for the goods.
Free Into Store within Australia unless an alteration to Blemish Books' normal shipping method is requested.
The stock must be held for a minimum of three months and returned within six months from the original date of invoice. All returns must be authorised by contacting Blemish Books. The return consignment must:
- be returned within 21 days of authorisation;
- be sent to Blemish Books' office and freight paid by the customer; and
- arrive in mint condition, bearing no form of in-store pricing.
5. Misbound, Faulty or Damaged Books
Claims for misbound, faulty or damaged books must be made within 14 days of date of invoice. Blemish Books to pay return freight for misbound, faulty or damaged books.
Orders for booksellers should be emailed to sales[at]blemishbooks[.]com[.]au